Winter Shelter Volunteers
An exciting new opportunity!
Do you want to make a difference and are looking for a new challenge? If so, then this may be the perfect opportunity for you to enhance your development and help us break the cycle of homeless for some of the most vulnerable rough sleepers in the City.
Action Homeless is running a shelter over the winter and we are looking for volunteers to support the staff and to offer support to the residents.
Volunteers will be key in helping to create a safe, warm and welcoming environment.
When will I be needed?
- One evening a week minimum from Monday 11th January to Wednesday 31st March.
- Shifts will start at 6pm and end at 10pm.
Due to the importance of this role to the success of the Winter Shelter we are asking for a consistent commitment from volunteers. If at any time you cannot make a session or continue to volunteer we ask you let us know at the earliest possible opportunity so we can contact our reserve volunteers.
What will I be doing?
You will help with cooking, serving, washing up, getting rooms ready and then enjoying a hot meal, conversations and games with the residents.
Our commitment to you:
- Travel expenses will be provided
- The project will follow strict Covid guidelines. You will work within a set team to minimise exposure. Social distancing measures will be followed on site and a face mask will be required.
- You will receive an induction to the role and client group.
- A staff member will be present at all times.
To apply, please complete our online form: Application Form
Applications should be submitted no later than Sunday 3rd January 2021.
You will be required to complete a short Zoom interview before starting the role.
Please contact James Riviere on 0116 2211 851 or email@example.com with any questions.